A quick perusal of the children’s section of any bookstore will yield multiple resources designed to teach children about their emotions and appropriate responses to them. What these resources lack, however, is the biblical worldview that supports the belief that our emotions are meant to bring us into a deeper relationship with God. Through prayer, reading of Scripture, and reliance on the Holy Spirit, God can shape our emotional responses to honor him and to help us better reflect the character of Jesus.
At Simply the Gospel, we strive to create resources that combine best practices in education and child development with a biblical worldview. Using clear language and visuals throughout, the Emotions Toolkit was designed with unique learners in mind. Like all Simply the Gospel resources, however, we believe that this resource can benefit children of all abilities.
The Emotions Toolkit includes the following resources:
- Wall posters for 6 basic emotions. A book cover is also included so that the posters can be bound into a book.
- Choice boards with 16 emotions and 24 calm choices.
- Emotions and calm choices flashcards.
- I Can Pray When I Feel… flipbook.
- Deep breath boards.
- I Can Make Calm Choices social story in full-page and half-page formats.
The Emotions Toolkit can be used across a variety of settings and contexts. We encourage you to use the included resources in a way that is most applicable and beneficial for your classroom or family. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Use the resources to create a calming corner or calming kit for your home or church classroom.
- Incorporate the resources into your morning or homeschool routine. For example, you might use the Emotions Choice Board to do a daily “How are you feeling?” check-in.
- Supplement a biblically-centered lesson on emotions with the God Gave Me Emotions book featuring a different Bible verse for each emotion.
- Add a binder ring to the Emotions and Calm Choices Flashcards to create a portable social-emotional support. Bring along to different settings to help your child identify and respond to emotions in appropriate ways.
This product is a DIGITAL DOWNLOAD. No physical products will be mailed. After purchase, you will receive an email receipt with a link to download the product immediately.
There are no reviews yet.