Have you ever been in a setting where you were unsure what to do or how to act? Everyone likes to know what is expected of them, especially when they are in a new or unfamiliar place. Different settings often carry different rules and behavioral expectations. Many of these rules and expectations are “unspoken,” and it is assumed that everyone just knows them!
For unique learners and individuals with disabilities, however, it is very important that these “unspoken” rules are explicitly stated. A social story does just this! Social stories use clear and accessible language to explain what will happen in a particular setting or during a specific activity. They often include pictures to provide visual examples of what to expect.
This Simply Social Stories pack provides multiple options to meet the diverse needs of different church settings. The following variations of the “Going to Church” social story are included:
- Three editions: Worship Service, Children’s Church, and Sunday School. Three versions of the “Going to Church” social story are included to accommodate the following scenarios:
1) Worship Service. The child remains in the main worship service for the duration of the service.
2) Children’s Church. The child remains in the service until being dismissed for Children’s Church.
3) Sunday School. The child remains in the main worship service for the duration of the service and then attends Sunday School when the service is over.
- Single-page format. Each version of the social story comes in a single-page format for easy printing and portability.
- Mini-book format. Each version of the social story also comes in a mini-book format with one half-page per image.
This product is a DIGITAL DOWNLOAD. No physical products will be mailed. After purchase, you will receive an email receipt with a link to download the product immediately.
There are no reviews yet.