This resource on learning disabilities will introduce your friends, extended family, and congregation to the unique challenges that children and teens with learning disabilities face at church. Each article explains various aspects of learning disabilities and offers ways that the teaching-learning process can be supported as the Bible is taught and studied. There is also application for challenging behaviors and reflection on the long-term impact of attending church without proper supports on a young person with a diagnosed learning disability.
- What are learning disabilities?
- The impact of Learning Disabilities on Discipleship
- Learning Disabilities in Children
- How Can I Help a Student Who Does Not Have a Diagnosis?
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Executive Functioning Deficits
- Visual Perception Disabilities
- Teaching Tip: Focus on Strengths
- Language-Based Learning Disabilities
- Adults with Learning Disabilities